Breakfast is probably the hardest meal of the day, primarily because it's one you need to scatter for fast in order to get to work on time. Although it's one of the hardest to stick to, it is the most important meal of the day as it usually sets the tone for your day and the rest of your meals. If you have a healthy breakfast, you are far more likely to have a productive morning and get to that 5pm kickboxing class effortlessly. It also gives you a bit of a push to make the rest of your meals as healthy as possible.
Here are 3 perfectly balanced breakfast to try this week:
1. Almond Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are our go-to's for those "I need to get out of the door quick" mornings. Just blend the following ingredients in a blender and we assure you, it'll keep you full at least until lunch time.
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 TBSP Organic Almond Butter
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 pitted date (optional)
2. Avocado Toast & Egg
Have you tried Avocado and Egg? The next time you're at your nearest breakfast cafe, try their avocado toast and a side of boiled or poached egg. If you're home, follow these steps:
-Toast your choice of bread.
- Mash up half of a small avocado and spread onto your toast.
- Add some cilantro for some extra flavor.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, juice of a lime and cayenne (optional).
- Top with an egg, prepared as you want.
3. Smoked Salmon Toast
If you have some extra avocado, you'll want to use it for this one.
- Toast your choice of bread
- Mash about 1/4 of your avocado and spread onto the bread.
- Layer a piece of smoked salmon on top.
- Cut up cherry tomatoes and place on salmon.
- Add some red onions (optional)
- Sprinkle with capers
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
Photo Source: The Zoe Report