By: Dr. Francesca Vazquez
Beachy waves, lighter locks and golden skin is the ultimate signature look for summer. The mix of sun, wind and salty water creates effortless beachy hair and good news is, it can be recreated at home any day of the week. The health benefits of spending time by the ocean exceed those contained in this DIY formula but it's as close as we could get to bringing the ocean straight to your bathroom vanity, when the beach is no longer in sight.
This sea salt spray can be created with ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen! It'll get you the ultimate summer look in less than minutes and will get you looking like you spent the morning at the beach any day of the week! Ready?
To prep, follow the instructions below:
1 re-used spray bottle
2 tablespoons of sea salt
1 tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil
2 cups of warm water
1 tablespoon of your favorite natural, leave-in conditioner (optional)
1. Combine ingredients into a re-used spray bottle (glass works better to re-heat).
2. Shake bottle to mix ingredients
3. Spray mixture onto wet or dry hair
4. Let air-dry (if wet) or blow dry with cold air.
Simple as that! And chemical free everytime!
Beauty tip to boost your look: If your hair is naturally curly and you struggle with summer frizz, use some additional coconut oil on your front strands. When using the sea salt spray on damp hair, tuck your front strands behind your ears until they air dry. When dry, you'll have a natural wave that will fall perfectly across your face.
For products similar to the DIY described above, shop below:
1. Surf Spray by Bumble & Bumble, $27
2. Beach Wave Mouse by Moroccan Oil, $11
3. Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray by Dry Bar, $25
4. Sea Mist by Herbivore, $20
5. Wave Spray by OUAI, $26